It is an instrument of the Cohesion Policy, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund, the 28 Member States, Norway & Switzerland.
URBACT’s mission is to enable cities to work together and develop integrated solutions to common urban challenges, by networking, learning from one another’s experiences, drawing lessons and identifying good practices to improve urban policies.
URBACT III programme will be organised around four main objectives:
- Capacity for Policy Delivery: To improve the capacity of cities to manage sustainable urban policies and practices in an integrated and participative way.
- Policy Design: To improve the design of sustainable urban policies and practices in cities.
- Policy Implementation: To improve the implementation of integrated and sustainable urban strategies and actions in cities.
- Building and Sharing Knowledge: To ensure that practitioners and decision makers at all levels have access to knowledge and share know-how on all aspects of sustainable urban development in order to improve urban development policies.
To reach these objectives, URBACT III will develop three types of interventions:
- transnational exchange,
- capitalisation & dissemination.